struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Hill" <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject Multiple forms in session [WAS: RE: how to send actionForm from one action to another action]
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 02:49:18 GMT
One thing Ive never understood about forms in session scope, is how does
struts deal with the situation where there are two concurrent requests in
the same session both of which are for the same action (and form type)?

As far as I can make out however, the key for a form is fixed without a way
to differentiate different instances of the same form type. Is this actually
the case or havent I read the code closely enough?

<example>
You have a page: editWotsits.jsp that uses the WotsitActionForm and submits
to WotsitAction. The requirement is that the wotsit pages open in new
windows (ie: <a target="_new"...) or frames, such that the user can be in
the process of editing multiple wotsits at any given time. Due to some other
requirements (fancy workflow perhaps?) the request scope isnt an option and
these WotsitActionForms all need to be in session scope.
</example>

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bush [mailto:ekbush@swbell.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 11:34
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: how to send actionForm from one action to another action

It's actually a combination of the module name and the form name.  Now
that we have modules, a strategy has to be used which allows each module
to have forms of the same name.  The source code would definitely be the
place to see exactly how the name is arrived at - I'd tell you, but I
haven't looked at it since it was updated.

--
Eddie Bush