struts-user mailing list archives

From "Loren Hall" <lorenh...@attbi.com>
Subject logon servlet through html forms "resource not available"
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:07:18 GMT
New to this and can't access /logon action through a standard html form

I'm integrating some struts functionality with a pre-existing, html based
site.  At index.html I'd like a login form, but don't want to force a change
to index.jsp.  However, i've tried action="logon",
action="/summershow/logon" and it says The requested resource (/logon) is
not available. I figure it's a path issue vs. an access issue, but for all I
know an html form just won't work.

First, any thoughts why the following html form tag won't work, and second,
what is the standard solution for this situation, .jsp or .html?

<form action="/summershow/logon" method="post" name="logon">
<input name="username" type="text">
<input name="password" type="password">
<input name="submit" type="submit">
</form>

responds with

type: Status report
message: /logon

The servlet is under catalina/webapps/summershow/WEB-INF/ . . .  The working
code looks like this.

      User Name:       <html:text property="username" size="16"
maxlength="16"/>
	Password:        <html:password property="password" size="16"
maxlength="16" redisplay="false"/>