struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vipul Sanghi" <vi...@zimono.com>
Subject RE: ApplicationResources
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 05:39:32 GMT
The locale that you are specifying does not include the country extention.
It only knows of zh because you are probably doing new Locale("zh").  You
have to use the country variant when you instantiate and set the locale  i
think it is you have to do new Locale("zh", "hk") to pick traditional
chinese etc.

Vipul

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Tse [mailto:erictks@netvigator.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 11:27 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: ApplicationResources

Dear all,

I am trying to feed in 3 languages on my web, i.e. English (en-us),
Traditional Chinese (zh-hk), and Simplified Chinese (zh-cn).

I named the application resources as follows:

ApplicationResources.properties           (for en-us)
ApplicationResources_zh.properties          (for zh-hk)

they work!! But when the following settings apply....

ApplicationResources.properties           (for en-us)
ApplicationResources_zh_hk.properties          (for zh-hk)
ApplicationResources_zh_cn.properties          (for zh-cn)

only en-us works! :~(

any hint?

Regards,
eric