struts-user mailing list archives

From Raffy_L...@ffic.com
Subject RE: no getter method for property phoneList
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:33:49 GMT

I tried almost every combination. Reversing the order, doing just the
addressList then the just the phoneList. Whatever combination I use, the
addressList is always introspected ok while the phoneList isn't. I even
tried renaming the getPhoneList() to getTelephoneList() and then tried to
invoke that method with the same problem. I even tried copying
getAddressList() and renamed to getPhoneList() and that didn't work either.
I also tried deleting the pre-compiled jsps to make sure I get fresh ones
when I bring up the jsp.

The problem, as I observed it, is when PropertyUtils.copyProperty (this is
RequestUtils.lookup) is invoked to retrieve the bean's method and it
couldn't find it. I traced all variables and objects being passed to it and
I didn't see anything peculiar. I don't have the source code for the
beanutils package so I can't trace it any farther than the copyProperty
method.

It may also be how I defined my bean, but I checked it inside/out and
compare it with my other classes with similar structure.

What I ended up doing, which is not scientific, is to recreate my Party
class one attribute/one method at a time. After, say, creating addressList
and it's accessors, I tested it to make sure the iterate tag works. Then I
added phoneList and to my surprise, it worked. Then I proceeded to add all
my other attributes/mtehods/etc. It wasted a day or work and I still wasn't
able to figure out why it happened in the first place.

Thanks for the responses and if anybody encounters the same problem, which
is really sooo weird, I'd like to find out if he/she ever solved it without
doing what I did.

Thanks again.

<Greg.Reddin@alltel.com> on 12/20/2002 10:44:44 AM

      <struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>