struts-user mailing list archives

From "Andy Kriger" <akri...@greaterthanone.com>
Subject RE: any way to turn a checkbox on based on a request value?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:47:45 GMT
Since this is a Struts ML, I mean with Struts tags. The form itself is a
DynaActionForm and whether the checkbox is turned on or not depends on the
Action that preceeds the form display. Looking at the src, it appears that
html:checkbox only work with beans (a shortcoming of the tag, imho). To get
this work, I had to add a boolean field to a model bean.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 17:23
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: any way to turn a checkbox on based on a request value?

> I want to have a checkbox checked when a given request attribute is true.
> The attribute value is not a bean, it is a Boolean object (which makes
> sense for an on/off control). Is there any way to do this?

So the boolean value is not a property of an ActionForm?  It's just a
Boolean object sitting in the session and it has nothing to do with Struts?

When you ask, 'is there any way to do this?' do you mean with struts tags?
It's certainly possible without them.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.