struts-user mailing list archives

From "Hookom, Jacob John" <hooko...@uwec.edu>
Subject [OT] RE: Not spam...I swear--
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:08:46 GMT
I could send you my resume if you would like.  The CS program I'm in starts you in Java your
first year and emphasizes on design patterns and software development.  The material is so
up to date that the department even requested Simon Chappell (very well known on the Struts-User
mailing list) to lecture on the Struts Framework.  A lot of my classmates end up at companies
like 3M or IBM and are considered to be of a much higher caliber than graduates when it comes
to software development, specifically Java applications.

School aside though, I was actually with a software consulting company at the age of 17 and
was generating more revenue than the other senior programmers in the company.  I've also held
lead programmer and product manager positions on projects with companies such as Sony and
Adaptec :-)  Currently, I am looking to relocate after graduation (late May possibly) into
a long term career.

Best Regards,
Jacob Hookom

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Sterin, Ilya [mailto:Isterin@ciber.com]
	Sent: Wed 1/15/2003 8:40 PM
	To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
	Subject: RE: [OT] RE: Not spam...I swear--

	New college graduates ..... with lots of java programming experience???

	How is that?  Last I checked, 95% of what's taught in college, is
	useless at a development job.  Hmmm, at least it was the case for me,
	and the developers I've hired in the past.  I think experience speaks
	for way more than a degree.

	Ilya