struts-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <David.K...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: Must an Action forward to another JSP or servlet?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:52:03 GMT
Just return null from your "execute" method.

-----Original Message-----
From: Murphy, Todd [mailto:trmurphy@hersheys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 2:50 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Must an Action forward to another JSP or servlet?

I am trying to render output as a PDF from a byte array.  I am able to
do
this successfully using an OutputStream, but the Writer class used in a
JSP
is unable to properly write a byte array.  My question:  Is it possible
write my output from within my action using an OutputStream as I would
in a
normal servlet, but not forward to a JSP?  I get a config.xml error when
don't include the Forward tag, but I was hoping there was a way to
direct it
to forward "nowhere".  My other alternative would be to forward to a
servlet, but I was hoping to not add a servlet outside of the Struts
framework.

Thank you,
Todd Murphy