struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons-*.jar file Version numbers within Struts Beta 3 Release?
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:11:15 GMT

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Scott Reisdorf wrote:

> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:03:37 -0800
> From: Scott Reisdorf <reisdorf1@llnl.gov>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: commons-*.jar file Version numbers within Struts Beta 3  Release?
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows the version numbers associated with the
> commons-*.jar files that are packaged within the new Struts Beta 3 release?
> If you do have the version number to any of the jar files listed below, it
> is much appreciated.
>
> commons-beanutils.jar
> commons-collections.jar
> commons-dbcp.jar
> commons-digester.jar
> commons-lang.jar
> commons-logging.jar
> commons-fileupload.jar
> commons-pool.jar
> commons-resources.jar
> commons-validator.jar

You can find out the version number of any commons JAR file by unpacking
it's META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and reading it.

What you'll find, however, is that a Struts beta releases use a
corresponding nightly build of the commons packages they depend on (in the
Commons CVS repository, the exact set of files is tagged with
"STRUTS_1_1_B3").  The final release of Struts 1.1 will include only
released versions of the dependent JARs, and the version numbers will be
documented in the release notes.

> thanks,
>
> -scott

Craig