struts-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Vandivort <kvand...@ks.uiuc.edu>
Subject problems getting new taglib instructions working with tomcat 4.1.x
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:30:55 GMT
Hello,

Referring to:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/configuration.html#dd_config_taglib_23

I am running struts 1.1 beta 3, tomcat 4.1.18, and
I have a simple JSP page that starts out like:

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-html-1.0" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-bean-1.0" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-logic-1.0" prefix="logic"
%>

When I try access the page, I get the following exception:

2003-01-02 12:18:03 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for
servlet jsp threw exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This
absolute uri (http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-html-1.0) cannot be
resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this
application

I suspect that I'm just doing something stupid, but I'm not sure what
it is.  If you try to go to that URL you get a 404.  Not really
understanding what is going on, I'm not sure if that is expected or
not.

Thanks!

---

(also a note for whoever maintains that documentation.. In the very
next section (5.5) it says to look in section 4.5.3.1 for info on doing
the TLDs in a servlet 2.3 container.  It should be section  5.4.3.1
(the four and the five are reversed.)

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical Biophysics Group
Email: kvandivo@ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute