struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jsp:directive.taglib doesn't work
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:01:43 GMT

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Suresh Addagalla wrote:

> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:08:02 +0530
> From: Suresh Addagalla <suresh.addagalla@wipro.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: jsp:directive.taglib doesn't work
>
> Hi,
>
> Slightly off-topic, but a basic JSP question.
>
> I found that XML-based tag for taglib is not working for me, where as
> the scripting-oriented tag works fine.
>
> <jsp:directive.taglib uri="url to taglib" prefix="tagprefix"/> --
> doesn't work
> <%@ taglib uri="url to taglig" prefix="tagprefix" %> - works
>
> Any idea why the first syntax wouldn't work? I am using Tomcat 4.1.12 on
> Win2K.

The first syntax would work only if your *entire* page was in the XML
syntax as outlined in the JSP spec.  You will quickly find that this
probably isn't what you really want to use -- it is primarily designed for
code generators and development tools that need to manipulate an internal
representation of a JSP page.

There's no problem using the standard JSP syntax to generate XML output.
But you must use one syntax or the other -- not both.

> Thanks,
> Suresh

Craig