struts-user mailing list archives

From Gemes Tibor <...@i-trade.hu>
Subject Re: [OT] Change Container Managed Security user password
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:43:16 GMT
2003. január 21. 07:58 dátummal Dan Tran ezt írtad:
> I am using CMS to manage my login process, however I would like to allow my
> user change his her password.
>
> Is there a way to talk to the container in a generic way to perform this
> task?

Is it in the specs? I didn't find it. So the answer is no AFAIK.
However if you use Tomcat there is an admin context for the MemoryRealm auth
scheme.
Or if you use some JDBC based auth you can modify the contents of the auth
tables. But if you do so you cannot change the Realm only but you should
change (some part of) your code too.

But bear in mind that if you use some container proprietary utility you can
easily lock yourself into that container!

Hth,

Tib