struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Kern <rickkern2...@yahoo.com>
Subject exception handling in actionForm validate method
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:47:49 GMT

In the validate method of my actionForm I am using the Jakarta regular expression api to validate
user input.

In the method I use a try catch block when creating a RE (regular expression pattern) object.
In the event an exception is thrown the catch block will catch the exception-- but how do
I propagate the exception out to the action where I can forward to an appropriate error page.
 Or am I going at this all wrong.

Thanks for your help.