struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Struts officially supported at Ford
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:18:12 GMT

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Karr, David wrote:

> It's certainly good that they're using 1.1, but somewhat unfortunate
> that they stopped at b2.  There were numerous fixes put in after b2,
> including the entire Struts-EL contribution.  Hopefully they can upgrade
> their support pretty quickly.

Don't give them too hard a time about this.

It's absolutely appropriate for organizations responsible for mission
critical software to be conservative in their version choices -- and every
such organization I'm familiar with puts any potential new version through
very extensive testing (for example, against existing apps or against any
in house customizations they did to the previous version) before putting
their stamp of approval on it.  Struts 1.1b3 hasn't been out long enough
to go through a cycle like that -- and, if I were in their shoes, given
the timing, I'd probably just skip certifying b3 and go certify 1.1 final.

What I'm very pleased about, though, is that Ford "gets it" in a different
respsect -- they didn't consider "beta" to be a four-letter word :-).

Craig