struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] JSF & JSTL EL [WAS: RE: DynaBeans, Struts, OR mapping tools and code generators]
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 06:47:17 GMT

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Andrew Hill wrote:

> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:10:28 +0800
> From: Andrew Hill <andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com>
> Subject: [OT] JSF & JSTL EL  [WAS: RE: DynaBeans, Struts,
>      OR mapping tools and code generators]
>
> ooooo...
> I do wish you'd stop talking about JSF. It sounds so cool that I feel like a
> kid on Christmas eve who cant wait for Santa to come down the chimney and
> fill the stocking with presents...
> ;-)

Patience, Andrew ... patience ... all good things come to those who wait
... :-)

> Where could one get a copy of the source for the JSTL expression language
> evaluator stuff? Is there something in struts EL I can rip?

The struts-el library uses the EL evaluator from the "standard" tag
library in the Jakarta Taglibs project, which is basis for the JSTL
reference implementation.  You could integrate that into your own tags (or
other application components) in the same way that struts-el does.

Craig