struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: actionForm.reset() question
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:51:19 GMT

On 28 Jan 2003, Jeremy Cavagnolo wrote:

> Date: 28 Jan 2003 12:04:53 -0800
> From: Jeremy Cavagnolo <jeremy@paradoxcomponents.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: actionForm.reset() question
>
> Does ActionServlet call the reset() method after instantiating an
> ActionForm, but before populating it with the http request parameters?

Yes.

> Can anyone point me to a good explanation about how and when
> ActionServlets create ActionForms?

I don't suppose looking at the processActionForm() method of ActionServlet
(Struts 1.0) or RequestProcessor (Struts 1.1) would help you ... :-)

A form bean is created if it's not already there in the scope you've
selected (request or session).  In practical terms, that means that the
bean gets created on every request if its in request scope, or just the
first time if its in session scope.

> Thanks!
>
> -Jeremy

Craig