struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Single Sign On
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:19:52 GMT

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Victor Soares wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:00:28 -0800
> From: Victor Soares <Victor@ci.tigard.or.us>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: [OT] Single Sign On
>
> This may not be the appropriate place to ask this question, but this seems to be an intelligent
group that may be able to answer this question....

> I am planning on creating 3 websites. The sites are all related and will have some customizable
functionality for users that requires a login. I would like to carry user authentication information
across all 3 websites without asking the user to login to each website. I guess this functionality
is similar to the .net passport.

> How would I be able to accomplish this? Is there something out there already that can
help me do this?

> Some additional info:
> - the 3 sites will be hosted on the same server (virtual hosts)
> - web server config is apache 2, tomcat 4, RedHat 8
> - I will be using struts (cuz it's awesome)
>
> Please let me know if you've ever run into this situation and how you solved it.

Tomcat standalone supports SSO, but only for webapps within a single
virtual hots:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

and scroll down to the section on Single Sign On.  Further questons should
be directed to TOMCAT-USER.

> Thank you,
> - Victor Soares

Craig