struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Struts Validator Debug output? What is it doing?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:37:55 GMT

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Alireza Fattahi wrote:

> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:01:02 +0330
> From: Alireza Fattahi <Alireza.Fattahi@pdpsoft.com>
> Subject: RE: Struts Validator Debug output? What is it doing?
>
> I have the opposite problem!
> When the application starts all the validation messages are put on the
> stdout. I have not configured any thing. How can I stop it?
> By the way I have put the debug and detail tags values in the web.xml to 0
> but I still get INFO information in stdout!
> Any help?

Struts 1.1 totally ignores the "debug" and "detail" environment
variables.

Instead, you need to learn how to configure the logging environment you
are using.  A good starting point is the commons-logging package

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/

followed by learning how to configure your logging implementation (Log4J
or JDK 1.4 or whatever).  I suspect you probably have the default level
for all loggers set to DEBUG or something like that.

There's also material in the most recent update to the User's Guide
about this.

Craig