struts-user mailing list archives

From neelima mahesh <neels_mah...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: get data to Collection
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:21:21 GMT

Hi,
 Please try this.
 When u set collection to Form Bean in Action Bean, u can determine the size of the collection.
Depending on the collection size u can set a Flag value true/false..
1. write set and get methods in Form bean for a Collection Flag.
2. In the jsp write the following code
<logic:equal name="NameOfForm" property="collectionFlag" value="true">
on top of the iterate tag.
Which solves ur problem....
Thanks
Mahesh!

 Kafka <kafka@centras.lt> wrote:Hello,
I think, this problem many times was solve here,
but I don't find particular answer.
How I can use Form class, if I don't know how many
are rows? Must I use Collection? Maybe I can see example,
because I can not find decision.

Now my jsp:

Form.class
private Collection read = new ArrayList();
//skip

public void setRead(Collection read)
{
this.read.addAll(read);
}

public Collection getRead()
{
return this.read ;
}
public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request) {
//skip others params
read.clear();
}

but I get error:
description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:988)