struts-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Kulkarni <kulkarni_ash1...@yahoo.com>
Subject DynaValidatorForm and my problem
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:48:21 GMT
Hi,
I have to do the following
I have a jsp which has a button add, when i click this
button it goes to a DispatchActionClass which has a
add method, to forward it to add.jsp
In this add method i populate  dyanValidatorForm with
a collection, which i get from database,
Then i put this form in request and forward it to
add.jsp which displays the collections, so far so
good.

But when i am on add.jsp and submit , and if there is
error then DynaValidatorForm tries to reload the page
and fails giving error
Failed to obtain specified collection

I can understand since there is no collection after i
submit add.jsp as it was in rewuest scope?
How can i solve this problem
These are my struts-config.xml definiations

<form-bean name="TestImageAddForm"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm"
dynamic="true">
      <form-property name="name"
type="java.lang.String"/>
      <form-property name="options"
type="java.util.Collection"/>
      <form-property name="selected"
type="java.lang.String"/>
  </form-bean>

/** this is my DispatchAction to forward to my add.jsp
**/
 <action name="TestImageForm"
type="com.testapp.action.TestImageButton"
validate="false" input="/pages/testimagebutton.jsp"
parameter="nextpage" scope="request"
path="/pages/TestImageButton">
      <forward name="addbutton"
path="/pages/testaddbutton.jsp" />
      </action>

/** this is my add action form where i validate the
inut** and if there is error then the reload fails
**/
  <action name="TestImageAddForm"
type="com.testapp.action.TestAddAction"
validate="true" input="/pages/testaddbutton.jsp"
scope="request" path="/pages/TestAddAction">
      <forward name="add"
path="/pages/testaddbutton.jsp" />
       </action>

Ashish