struts-user mailing list archives

From Hemanth Setty <hse...@buildview.com>
Subject DynaActionForm change with 1.1-beta3 download
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:35:43 GMT
Hello,

Well I just downloaded  1.1 beta 3 today and updated my application with
the new libraries. There seems to be a difference in the way
DynaActionForm gets initialized. Before beta 3...and as late as around
dec 10th nightly build..DynaActionForm properties would get initialized
to <NULL>...now in beta3 all the String form properties get initialized
to empty string. Is this a bug or is this the way it is supposed to be?

More specifically...

pre 1.1b3
[DEBUG] org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils -  -->
DynaActionForm[dynaClass=surveyMaintForm,category=<NULL>,currentNodeId=<NULL>,cmd=<NULL>,ranking=<NULL>,nodeName=<NULL>]

1.1b3
[DEBUG] org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils -  -->
DynaActionForm[dynaClass=surveyMaintForm,category=<NULL>,currentNodeId=,cmd=,ranking=<NULL>,nodeName=]

category and  ranking still remain <NULL> as they are defined as
java.util.Map instead of Strings like the rest of the parameters..

-h