struts-user mailing list archives

From Darrel Riekhof <riek...@lvcm.com>
Subject Re: struts-related exception on tomcat startup
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:24:46 GMT
Thanks, that was it.

I put the xercesImpl.jar that came with tomcat 4.1.18 back into its
common/endorsed dir instead of the xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar that came with
fop 2.0.5rc.  The startup exception went away, all my webapps work, and
I can use validation someday!

I didn't realize that tomcat comes with a newer Xerces than 2.2.1, the
latest official release.  Hopefully it is fully compatible with fop (so
far it looks like it is).

Darrel