struts-user mailing list archives

From Rod McChesney <rod.mcches...@openwave.com>
Subject Re: [validator] numbers with localized decimal separator
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:18:20 GMT
Sorry, I didn't understand that the javascript validation was
the problem. It does seem like the Java validator code should
be locale-sensitive, but that's a separate question.

Since javascript number parsing does not handle locales, I guess
one approach would be to treat everything as a regex mask
instead of using the numeric validators, and include a
hashtable mapping from locale to expected pattern. The script
would look up the proper mask based on the locale. The locale
would also have to be stuck into the javascript as a variable.
I think that's similar to what you said, but would leave the
number in its native state.

Or maybe I'm just missing something obvious...

Rod