struts-user mailing list archives

From Johan <java_...@nilling.nl>
Subject Re: How to send a html form from an action
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:28:36 GMT
Thanx,
But I was just trying to outsmart myself and I was pretty successfull in
it to.

Since people need to choose what paymentmethode they prefer (it was
about sending a form to a payment system) I still need an extra page
where the can choose and I put the hidden fields in a form.

So I run into a new problem which I have solved using basic html tags is
that the value of the action inside an <html:form> or <layout:form> is
changed when parsed. my action should be
action="https://www.e-gold.com/sci_asp/payment.asp" but struts start
complaining about it can not find
"/https://www.e-gold.com/sci_asp/payment". It removes .asp from the
action but in the web.xml I only send *.do to the strutsservlet???

But as I said i now just use basic html tags to solve this little
shortcomming.

Johan

Pani, Gourav wrote:
> I don't see why not.  The Form object/DynaValidatorForm will capture the
> data, the Action object can do the update to your database and then you can
> set up a global-mapping to go to the ne page with hidden values in the
> request.  Then it is up to the other page to get values out of your request.

---
Nilling Software Design
Postbus 43
2280 AA  Rijswijk ZH