struts-user mailing list archives

From Eric Rizzo <eric.ri...@jibeinc.com>
Subject Re: Commons source for Struts 1.1b3
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:56:23 GMT
Eric Rizzo wrote:
> James Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Did you search the archives?
>>
>> I will not give you the answer to this....in fact....this question has
>> been asked so much lately that it is beginning to piss off Papa-Strut
>> himself (and that's rare).
>

> Trust me, I'd love to search the mailing list archives. But when I go to
> the archive search page
> (<http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listName=struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>)

> all it ever tells me is "Text search is not available for this list"
>
> Is there some place to search old messages other than the one above
> (that is linked to from the Struts home page)?
>
> Looking to learn to fish,
>     Eric

I remembered mail-achive.com and subsequently found only this response
from C.McC. a few days ago:

> It's inside the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file for each JAR file.
>
> What you'll find, though, is that 1.1b3 used a snapshot of all the commons
> JARs on the day it was created.  The final version of 1.1 will use
> released versions of the Commons JARs files (and they'll be documented in
> the release notes).
>
> Craig

But the question still remains how can I get that snapshot when the
nightly build archives are not that old?
Also, why doesn't mail-archive.com seem to have messages older than this
week?

Honestly trying,
	Eric
--