struts-user mailing list archives

From "V. Cekvenich" ...@basebeans.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Open Source Q Mailing List
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 01:27:57 GMT
I do not think such a  mail list exists.

Some good products are: RedHat free OS download, PostgreSQL.org DB from
Cygwin.com, Eclispe.org IDE (maybe add in SolarEclipse from sf.net for
JSP/XML), Tomcat APP server, JasperReports.sf.net (reports), Struts,
JSTL tags from Jakarta, (IBatis.com DAO or RowSet or Commons SQL),
jxdbcon.sourceforge.net for JDBC driver, openoffice.org for Word/Excel,
Netscape browser, ximian.com/products/evolution for E-Mail,
squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net for a SQL client,
commerce.bea.com/downloads/weblogic_jrockit.jsp#80_beta for JVM.
basicPortal.sf.net for sample apps. designs.

Variations are shades of Good.
Main things are Eclipse, Tomcat, JasperReports, PostgreSQL, JSTL
(standard tag lib), Struts. Each is dominant, so at least you will be in
the crowd. Also, start with a busines problem and then solution for it.
A bad tool in good hands is a winner as well.

.V

<struts-user@jakarta.apache.org>