struts-user mailing list archives

From Evan Schnell <eschn...@nvisia.com>
Subject Re: Role Based Struts Validation
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:24:45 GMT
V. Cekvenich wrote:

> I can't help on XML, but if it does not work, you are not sunk since
> ... stating the obvious ... of course you can implement the form Beans
> validate method in which you can write ... Java.

This is just an *idea*.  It has fairly sizable drawbacks but I have used
the same principles when using the commons-validator outside of Struts.
  It would be possible to define a <form> for each role and then
override the validate() for role-based forms to use the correct form
name.  Ideally it should be a concatenation of the form bean name and
the role name.

Evan.

--
Evan Schnell, Technical Lead
nVISIA, Twin Cities  "Digital Architecture and Construction"