struts-user mailing list archives

From Alireza Fattahi <Alireza.Fatt...@pdpsoft.com>
Subject RE: Struts Validator Debug output? What is it doing?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:31:02 GMT
I have the opposite problem!
When the application starts all the validation messages are put on the
stdout. I have not configured any thing. How can I stop it?
By the way I have put the debug and detail tags values in the web.xml to 0
but I still get INFO information in stdout!
Any help?

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Schnell [mailto:eschnell@nvisia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 6:36 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Struts Validator Debug output? What is it doing?

PILGRIM, Peter, FM wrote:

>There must be a better way!
>
>Is there anyway figure what the Struts validator is doing? Something like
>getting a log dump to stdout console. If there is any error then output
>is silent!

Are you are still using the default logging configuration?  The Struts
validator writes a great deal of information to the commons-logging
debug log.   If you have not configured the logging subsystem to display
debug messages, most of the validator output will never be logged or
displayed on the console.

Have a look at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_controller.html#logging

Regards,
Evan.
--

Evan Schnell, Technical Lead
nVISIA, Twin Cities  "Digital Architecture and Construction"