struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alvarado, Juan (c)" <Juan.Alvar...@NielsenMedia.com>
Subject RE: ActionErrors question
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:31:47 GMT
I am not aware of any way to do what you propose.  As far as I know all an
ActionError object does is hold the key you want to use. If bundle is not
specified in your JSP, then it defaults to the default resource bundle. In
this case that key has to exist in that bundle. Otherwise you have to
specify in <html:errors which bundle your keys are stored under.

If anyone else has a way to do what you propose I'd like to hear it.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Kriger [mailto:akriger@greaterthanone.com]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 3:52 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: ActionErrors question

(oops - sloppy fingers on a friday afternoon - ignore that last message)

So the bundle that holds the errors depends on the bundle that the keys come
from? Is there any way to separate this so that all errors always go to one
bundle regardless of where the message keys are stored? (that design seems
out-of-line with the rest of Struts which usually has good separation of
functionality)

thx