struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nadeemullah Hussain" <nadeemullah.huss...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: <html:link> throws NPE
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:14:58 GMT
Hi,
	Use the link tag as I have mentioned below instead of the one u have used.

Thanks,
Nadeem,
Wipro Technologies,Chennai
Tel - 91-44-4500200 X : 2111
Mobile : 98401 47663

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Michaels [mailto:elektrophyte@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 8:18 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: <html:link> throws NPE

Hi. I'm trying to get a simple link to work on a page.
I use a link tag like this:

When I try to load the page using JRun 4, a null
pointer exception shows up in standard output. The
method that thows the exception is

RequestUtils.computeURL()

In my struts-config.xml file, I have

<action
    path="/search"
    type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
    parameter="/search.jsp"/>

The exception message seems to be saying, I guess,
that it's having trouble figuring out the URL to use.
I've tried including an <html:base/> tag at the top of
the page, and defining the <action> differently, for
example...

<action
    path="/search.do"
    type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
    parameter="/search.jsp"/>

<action
    path="search"
    type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
    parameter="/search.jsp"/>

<action
    path="/search"
    type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
    parameter="/newsarchive/search.jsp"/>

Nothing seems to work. I've tried abandonning the link
tag altogether and just explicitly providing the link,
like so:

But then I get an error saying that a GET request is
not supported by this URL.

I would be grateful for any help with this.

Thanks,

Ethan