struts-user mailing list archives

From "Nadeemullah Hussain" <nadeemullah.huss...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Value Object in a Collection
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:38:30 GMT

Hi,

	What You need to do is u need to first refer to the attribute of the valueobject which is
there in list and then to the attribute of the next value object.See the below code format

<logic:iterate id="list" name="<FormBeanName>" scope="session" property="<list
attribute name in form bean>" indexId="index" >

<bean:write name="list" property="<orderItemVO attribute name>.<Products value
object attribute name>"/>

Hope this solves u r problem

Thanks,
Nadeem,
Wipro Technologies,Chennai
Tel - 91-44-4500200 X : 2111
Mobile : 98401 47663

-----Original Message-----
From: neelima mahesh [mailto:neels_mahesh@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 5:31 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Value Object in a Collection

Both orderItemVO and Products are Value objects. Since orderItemVO is a collection of value
objects , it's not a problem to iterate through But the inner value object (products) is not
a collection to iterate through which caused the problem. products value object properties
are...getters and setters for productName, unitOfPrice, qty, price etc..... Similarly orderItemVO
contains getters and setters for products(Value Object), orderNumber, shipSerial etc.,...
In the Action bean I'm getting the orderItemVO's as a collection from server layer ..and setting
it to the form ...same being iterated in JSP... Thanks in Advance! for any help on this. Mahesh!
 Mei Zhu <mzhu@goperiscope.com> wrote:So what does the products value object looks like,
and what type of elements do you want to iterate through in the inner iterate?

Mei