struts-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Maurer <joerg.mau...@ucpmorgen.com>
Subject RE: application resource/ prop messages of org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResource NEVER GET FILLED WITH DATA ?!?!?!
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:46:45 GMT
Problem solved - was following :

NETBEANS IDE has properties dialog (use OPEN) for any *.properties,
which displays a tabulated view of the texts. Okay. But on saving these,
some not ANSI characters are inserted in these. On deleteing these,
<bean:message> e.g. displayed them correctly.

The open question :
1)Why does the digester parse method inside Action servlet not throw
exception in struts 1.1 beta 3 and continues to instantiate a
PropertyMessageResource, while struts 1.1 latest build(20030128) does
throw exception(even not logging what the exact failure might be)?

2)What about non ANSI message resource textes - do they work with
UNICODE?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jörg Maurer
Sent: Dienstag, 28. Jänner 2003 19:30
To: struts-user-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: application resource/ prop messages of
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResource NEVER GET FILLED WITH
DATA ?!?!?!

Hi !

I am currently working on struts project with source code of struts 1.1
beta 3.

As i was wondering why my texts aka message resource never get loaded, i
followed the problem form Action Servlet .... PropetyMessageResource,
where the property "messages", being a HashMap IS NEVER FILLED with
data, but is always asked to compare to keys from diverse taglibs.

On startup of my app, struts never complains that it hasn´t found my
message resources, so i wonder when - how - if that messages are ever
initialized?!?!

Any ENLIGHTENING hints are welcomed!