struts-user mailing list archives

From "Damm, Gary" <ga...@qualcomm.com>
Subject logging
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:49:07 GMT
I've recently switched to struts 1.1-b3.  My previous log configuration
has stopped working and I'm wondering why.  I'm using commons-logging
with log4j.  My previous commons-logging jar was Implementation-Version:
1.0.1 and my commons-logging.properties is as follows:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCate
goryLog

Using version 1.0.1 of commons-logging.jar my logging configuration
works fine.

When I switch to the commons-logging.jar included in 1.1-b3 all my
logging goes to stdout.  Reading the docs it appears it is not finding
my configuration properties but I can't figure out why.

Switching out the commons-logging.jar to the previous version fixes the
problem, but I'd like to stay with a standard package.

Any help appreciated.

Gary