struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject Validator validates on first form display (was RE: Validator won' t validate single required field)
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:38:31 GMT
I wrote:
> I know I'm missing something, because the struts-validator example
provided
> with 1.1b3 works fine.

I think I found what's wrong... ChooseProfileForm was an ActionForm, not a
ValidatorForm.

I fixed that... now I have *too* *much* validation!  The very first time the
form is displayed, before the user has ever had a chance to type anything,
the error is displayed.

I don't understand why it wants to validate *before* the form is ever
displayed, instead of after the submit.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.