struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Validator won't validate single required field
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:57:39 GMT
> You probably forgot to say validate="false" in your action mapping for
> whatever action is initially displaying the page.

Only one action displays the page:  ChooseProfileAction, mapped as:

<action    path="/chooseProfile"
               type="edu.asu.vpia.struts.ChooseProfileAction"
               name="chooseProfileForm"
               scope="request"
               validate="true"
               input="choose.profile">
       <forward name="success"         path="/viewProfile.do" />
       <forward name="resolution"      path="/resolveName.do" />
    </action>

This hasn't been a problem until I tried to use validation.  Since my JSP's
are stored under WEB-INF, I can't go directly to the JSP first and then to
the action only on submit.

So... could I duplicate the above mapping, but use a path such as
/chooseProfileInitial and turn validation off when that path is used?

The other thing I was considering is placing a token in the session and
overriding validate() [I think, haven't looked at the ValidateAction javadoc
yet] only calling super.validate() if the token is present, which it won't
be on the first access.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.