struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Validator validates too early (was RE: Validator won't valida te single required field)
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:42:13 GMT
> If You are using POST method for sending request (and probably yes) I
> would exchange Your code for this one:
> if (request.getMethod().equals("POST")) {
>    return super.validate( mapping, request );
> } else {
>   return null;
> }

Interesting... would equalsIgnoreCase be more appropriate, or are you sure
it'll always be in upper case?  My jsp currently has:
which turns into:
  <form name="chooseProfileForm" method="post"
action="/bendev/chooseProfile.do">
so I'm guessing that 'post' will be lowercase.

Thanks!  This is a much better solution, so I can change the name of the
Submit button without breaking it.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.