struts-user mailing list archives

From "Siggelkow, Bill" <bill.siggel...@mirant.com>
Subject RE: Where to do the "request.setAttribute"code for iterate, sele ct collection bean
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:14:31 GMT
Actually, "request.getSession().setAttribute("intArray",intArray);" will place the object in
Session scope, not request scope.

As far as where to load the collection into the request scope -- I would say either do in
in the Action that forwards to the JSP -- if you have one.   Or use a standard jsp:useBean
tag in the JSP to make the collection available.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Pierre Romeyer [mailto:Jean-Pierre.Romeyer@hardis.fr]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 10:58 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Where to do the "request.setAttribute"code for iterate, select
collection bean

Hello,

To use the iterate, select, ...   I want to put a collection bean in the
request scope
so the java code is
"request.getSession().setAttribute("intArray",intArray);"

OK I make it works, but I've got a newbie architecture question

Accordind to struts philosophy but where to put this java code ???

- in the jsp : not really nice , specially if I have to do somme request
to build the collection
- in the action form reset method : work the first time when the Form bean
is created but not during folowing jsp  access
- in the action : but must do in every action doing forward to this form
- other

Thanks