struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gogte, Sushrut" <sgo...@Corio.com>
Subject Problem using SSL with Struts, Tomcat 4.1.12 on IIS
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:54:57 GMT
I am using Struts 1.0.2 with Tomcat 4.1.12 running on IIS 4.0 web server.

In my application, I am using a template which inserts a navigation menu on
the left hand side of the screen, using Struts.  This menu is composed of
links and images.
When I run my application in non-secure mode, it is running fine.  However,
when I try to use SSL, so that I access it with https://... instead of
http://..., the links are getting converted to http://...:443 (I am using
the standard 443 port for SSL connections).  The same is happening with the
images, and therefore, they are not showing up. I am using relative links,
because I have different environments (DEV, QA, PROD), and don't want to
hardcode the server name in my JSP pages.

This used to work fine with Struts on Tomcat 3.2, but after upgrading to
4.1.12, this is the behavior I am seeing.  Has anyone else seen anything
like this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks a lot,

Sushrut