struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Cardon" <...@bendcable.com>
Subject Can Action Forward be used to open a new brower window?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:40:22 GMT
I am using struts 1.1 beta 2

I use the DispatchAction object using a display method in the class:

public class AssessmentAnalysisAction extends DispatchAction {

	public ActionForward display(ActionMapping mapping,
					ActionForm form,
					HttpServletRequest request,
					HttpServletResponse response) {

		AssessmentAnalysisForm aaf = (AssessmentAnalysisForm)form;
		int debugLevel = servlet.getDebug();

		... code ....

		// Load the form displaying the report data
   		return mapping.findForward("success");
	}
}

I have mapped the 'success' key to the jsp page in struts-conf.xml

	<action    path="/assessmentAnalysis"
	           type="com.mim.struts.reports.AssessmentAnalysisAction"
	           name="assessmentAnalysisForm"
	          scope="request"
	      parameter="dispatch">
	  <forward name="success"   	path="/reports/assessmentAnalysis.jsp"/>
	</action>

Is what I would really like, is to have the jsp page open in a new brower
window. Is this possible? Thanks.

Michael Cardon
mic@bendcable.com