struts-user mailing list archives

From Denis Wang <dw...@brandmuscle.com>
Subject RE: logic:match
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:52:12 GMT
thanks for your reply.  the powerful if...else can absolutely solve the
problem, but the architect doesn't allow me to do so.  JSTL is not used
elsewhere througout my application.  Anyway, thanks for your input.
Denis

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 1:32 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: logic:match

> There is something wrong with the following piece of code:
> <logic:match name='userBean' property='userName' value="<nested:write
> property='checkOutUserVO.userName'/>" >
> </logic:match

What error are you getting?  I don't think you can put tags inside of tags
like that.  I ran into the same problem, and moved to the struts-el tags and
JSTL to solve it.

Is JSTL an option?  It might look something like this:

<c:if test="${userBean.userName} == ${checkOutUserVO.userName}" />
  ... do stuff ...
</c:if>

Actually I haven't tried it with two expressions in the same test.

There's also a choose/when/otherwise construct if you need a case statement
rather than if/else.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.