struts-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Todd" <trmur...@hersheys.com>
Subject Must an Action forward to another JSP or servlet?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:50:29 GMT
I am trying to render output as a PDF from a byte array.  I am able to do
this successfully using an OutputStream, but the Writer class used in a JSP
is unable to properly write a byte array.  My question:  Is it possible to
write my output from within my action using an OutputStream as I would in a
normal servlet, but not forward to a JSP?  I get a config.xml error when I
don't include the Forward tag, but I was hoping there was a way to direct it
to forward "nowhere".  My other alternative would be to forward to a
servlet, but I was hoping to not add a servlet outside of the Struts
framework.

Thank you,
Todd Murphy