struts-user mailing list archives

From "PILGRIM, Peter, FM" <Peter.PILG...@rbos.com>
Subject RE: Struts Validator Debug output? What is it doing?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:30:13 GMT
Hi

Back at work. Weirdo problem with Struts validator.
I found that it works with only one field inside form inside a formset.
Yesterday I did intensive debugging and strip down the XML to the basics
When I start adding extra fields then the validator no longer works.

<form-validation>
    <formset>
        <form name="testForm" >
            <field  property="testRecord.firstName" depends="required" >
                <arg0 key="testForm.testRecord.firstName.displayname" />
            </field>

<!--
            <field  property="testRecord.lastName" depends="required" >
                <arg0 key="testForm.testRecord.lastName.displayname" />
            <field>
-->

	</formset>
</form-validation>

This is the most basic XML configuration. Blast it!

--
Peter Pilgrim,
Struts/J2EE Consultant, RBoS FM, Risk IT

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority