struts-user mailing list archives

From Jason Yam <jason....@ehk.epson.com.hk>
Subject How to use struts' Token system to avoid duplicated request/back button with xml and xsl (not using stxx) - corrected version?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:42:51 GMT
Hi everyone,

    anyone knows how to use struts' Token system to avoid duplicated
request/back button with xml and xsl?  I know there are something like stxx
but I still want to use the "traditional" struts framework to implement my
project and I try to get the most out of it.  I want to use struts to check
duplicated request and check clicking back button.  I am using the the
following way to make it work:

1. displayformActionClass => 2. display displayform.jsp => 3. click submit
button => 4. processformActionClass => 5. displayformresult.jsp

These are the steps -

=> 1. (saveToken)
=> 2. put session.getAttribute(Action.TRANSACTION_TOKEN_KEY) into the hidden
variable of the form by putting xml tag into the from in xsl
=> 3.
=> 4. call isTokenValid(). if !errors.empty(), call saveToken() else
resetToken()
=> 5.

    I need to use session.getAttribute(Action.TRANSACTION_TOKEN_KEY) because
I cannot put the struts tag into xsl file and so I cannot use
And so I do not know the struts framework is working correctly or not.

    This is the generated hidden variable after showing displayform.jsp:
<input type="hidden" name="org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN"
value="74884694861f57bea8b3225a6777ccfc">

    Anyone can help?  I am very appreciated if anyone can show the codes how
they make it work.  I've already spent a lot of time to investiage....

Thank you

Jason