struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kenny Smith" <tomcat-u...@journalscape.com>
Subject Scaffold BaseAction is causing error when scaffold.lang.BaseException not found
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:36:33 GMT
Hello all (and Ted hopefully),

I've been reading Struts in Action and I am trying to create a class that
extends BaseAction.

I wrote an executeLogic() method, but when the action gets executed, I get
this message on STDERR. (/editAlias it the uri for my ActionMapping)

SEVERE: No action instance for path /editAlias could be created
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/scaffold/lang/BaseException
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1576)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.applicationInstance(RequestUtils.
java:206)

Now, the above message makes sense to me from the perspective that, yes,
org.apache.commons.scaffold.lang.BaseException does not exist... because the
package I'm using is org.apache.struts.scaffold.... However, I don't know
why it's trying to reference lang.BaseException.

I'm using Struts 1.1, Tomcat 4.1.18, Java 1.4.1, and I got the
struts-scaffold distribution from manning.com last night.

Does anyone know what would be causing this problem? I converted my object
to just extend Action and everything is working fine, but I'd rather benefit
from scaffold's execute() idiom.

Thanks!
Kenny Smith
JournalScape.com