struts-user mailing list archives

From "du Plessis, Corneil C" <CAduPless...@sbic.co.za>
Subject RE: Nobody answers....
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:13:31 GMT
You discription of what you want to achieve is unclear.
What do you mean by displaying B.jsp twice?
Do you want to the contents of B.jsp twice then C.jsp?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathalie Foures [mailto:Nathalie.Foures@medias.cnes.fr]
Sent: 22 January, 2003 11:22
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Nobody answers....

Hi all!

I have already sent this message but nobody answered...So I send it
again, because I do need your advices!

I use Struts 1.1b2. I want to display several times, the same jsp page.
I have three views : A.jsp, B.jsp, C.jsp.

If the user select one item on A.jsp, B.jsp has to be displayed once,
and then C.jsp.
If the user select two items on A.jsp, B.jsp has to be displayed twice,
and then C.jsp.
...etc.

In struts-config.xml :
<action
 path="/A"
 type="AAction"
 name="AForm"
 scope="request">
 <forward name="B" path="/B.jsp"/>
</action>

<action
 path="/B"
 type="BAction"
 name="BForm"
 scope="request">
 <foward name="B"  path="/B.jsp"/>
 <forward name="C" path="/C.jsp"/>
</action>

The bean BForm has a reset method, so that ActionServlet could put it in
the initial state back, when recycling.

All works fine, when I only select one item. One B.jsp page is
displayed, and then the C.jsp page. But when I select more than one
item, the first B.jsp is displayed, and not the following ones. Instead,
I get an alert box that tells me that the document is empty and that I
have to contact my administrator system. I have no Tomcat error messages
: the logs file only says that all stops when the BAction forward to
B.jsp.

Does the problem come from bean form recycling or populating, or
something else?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Nathalie

For additional commands, e-mail:

Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of
Standard Bank Group Limited is proprietary to the company. It is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by law. Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content.

Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of Standard
Bank.

The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender

immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content
in any way.

Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained
nor
that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.