struts-user mailing list archives

From "Adolfo Miguelez" <pell...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Newbie] ActionForm prepopulation
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:22:41 GMT

Maybe already well known for a lot of you but I have found a helpful trick
for me to prepopulate a page with form.

>From a previous action, put in request a usual bean as value object (maybe a
instance of the ActionForm manually instantiated) filled with the data that
you want to prefill and under request (or session) attribute name equals to
the ActionForm name of the form page.

In that way you do not need to declare the form in the struts-config for the
previous action, since Struts thinks that such a value object is its
ActionForm.

Hope it can help to someone,

Adolfo.