struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Payne" <dpa...@sotx.org>
Subject RE: context relative image reference in a CSS file
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:42:24 GMT
Duh. I forget what it's called when you develop an overly complex solution
to a *very* simple problem but that's exactly what I was doing. Thanks Joe
and Craig and all others who replied. I was thinking the path would be
resolved from the file that contained the stylsheet link, not from the
stylesheet file itself. I threw in the relative reference and it's working
like a charm.

Thanks again!

-Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Barefoot [mailto:Joe.Barefoot@motiva.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 7:33 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: context relative image reference in a CSS file

Okay, well I couldn't swear that "list-style-image:" works like
"background:" in CSS sheets ('cause I haven't used it), but I would assume
that it does.  We use something like this all over our CSS:

background: url(../images/icon_confirm.gif);

The url reference above is intepreted by the *browser* relative to the
location of the CSS file itself.  What file(s) the link to your CSS file is
found in is irrelevant for this interpretation, only the location of the CSS
file matters.

peace,
Joe