struts-user mailing list archives

From "Phase Web and Multimedia" <m...@phase.ws>
Subject [Validator] Three Validations... One Error
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:32:22 GMT
I have three related fields that make up a complete phone number. The
porperties are:

phoneAreaCode
phonePrefix
phoneNumber

I want to validate them and return 1 error in the case that one of them
contain an error (i.e. I'm checking that they contain unsigned integers of a
certain length). Another important factor is that I am using map backed
action form for this due to neccessary flexibility. So, these values are
stored as keyed values in the Map. Will I have to build a custom validation
for this or is there a way to accomplish this? Is there a way to tell the
Validator to store the error under a certain key other than the property
name?

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245