struts-user mailing list archives

From "Vinh Tran" <vi...@processintelligence.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Single Sign On
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:16:59 GMT
This should do the trick...

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Single%20Si
gn%20On

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Soares [mailto:Victor@ci.tigard.or.us]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 4:00 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [OT] Single Sign On

This may not be the appropriate place to ask this question, but this seems
to be an intelligent group that may be able to answer this question....

I am planning on creating 3 websites. The sites are all related and will
have some customizable functionality for users that requires a login. I
would like to carry user authentication information across all 3 websites
without asking the user to login to each website. I guess this functionality
is similar to the .net passport.

How would I be able to accomplish this? Is there something out there already
that can help me do this?

Some additional info:
- the 3 sites will be hosted on the same server (virtual hosts)
- web server config is apache 2, tomcat 4, RedHat 8
- I will be using struts (cuz it's awesome)

Please let me know if you've ever run into this situation and how you solved
it.

Thank you,
- Victor Soares

For additional commands, e-mail: