struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject RE: Struts-config.xml and DynaBeans
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:56:25 GMT
MJ,

using Digester and org.apache.commons.beanutils package, its not
that difficult to do this.

In our most recent project, we leverage DynaBeans heavily for creating
view objects to avoid having to physically create them (RowSetDynaClass
was not around). We define them in an xml file and read them into
memory at run time. So when we need a view it looks something like this:

ViewFactory vf = ViewFactory.getInstance();
DynaBean view = vf.getView("myView");

Adding a new view is as simple as adding a few lines of XML. This approach
allows use to leverage DynaBeans and not necessarily be dependent on Struts.

robert