struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Taylor" <rtay...@mulework.com>
Subject RE: Help!! Getting NT User
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:59:26 GMT
That's because the user has not been authenticated. Your original message
states that requirement.

> > URL, I want to get the use profile based on NT User
> name(Assuming that the user already authenticated by the NT domain).

>From the java docs for HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser():

Returns the login of the user making this request, if the user has been
authenticated, or null if the user has not been authenticated. Whether the
user name is sent with each subsequent request depends on the browser and
type of authentication. Same as the value of the CGI variable REMOTE_USER.

Maybe I don't understand.

robert